1. Opting For the Wrong Platform
You should never try to set up an online furniture store without proper knowledge of the different ecommerce platforms. The right online store will allow you to showcase your products, and make it easy for customers to buy.
When you want to scale your business, it will also allow you to do so without too much hassle. When choosing an e-commerce platform, consider the following:-
- What kind of furniture are you planning to sell
- What are your scaling plans
- Do you require a third party to run it for you, or will you want total control
- What is your budget
- Do you want a custom design or are you comfortable using the available templates
- What do you want the customer experience to be like
Do not take a platform that limits your growth potential. Also, make sure that it integrates with your existing systems. It should also allow you to customize as per your requirements.
If you do not have the right platform, you will lose a lot of money, time and energy.